My Father's World
Andy Warren email@example.com
Introduction:--A Sad Story with a happy ending.
A. Frank and Ernest. Adam on one side of fence
Eve on the other
B. Opening Scenario of the world. Genesis 1
1. "He saw that it was good."
2. "He saw that it was VERY good."
C. THIS WAS My Father's World
1. Picturesque, Peaceful, Pure.
2. What happened?
#1 My Father's World
A. Children creators in a sandbox world.
B. My Father's World is like that Sandbox.
1. His Strange imagination: Elephants, Kangaroos,
Armadillos, Penguins, Platypus,
2. His Artistic imagination: Pink Flamingos, Parrots,
3. His beautiful imagination: Flowers, Fall leaves,
Aurora Borealis, Sunrises and Sunsets.
C. Psalm 50:10=11
1. "For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle
on a thousand hills. 11 I know all the birds of the
air, and all that moves in the field is mine." (RSV)
2. The song is right! "This is my Father's world! and
to my listening ears all nature sings and round me
rings the music of the spheres."
D. Intelligent Life-Forms
1. People, Humans, more than natural instincts,
2. Free wills, imaginations, consciences.
3. Expecting acceptance and cooperation.
4. Risking rejection, rebellion
E. Sand-Castle in a sandbox, rains came, floods came,
wind blew . . .
1. Romans 1:19-32 therefore, v. 18
2. The sand-castle was ruined.
#2 My Father's Tears
A. It's not enough
1. More than ownership--cattle on the 1000 hills.
"I'll make more!"
2. More than Authority--Creation
3. God wanted more, expected more, so He lost more
B. Unlike a Sand-Castle, WE left willingly and deliberately.
1. Parents talking about their children in tears.
2. An elder resigned in tears over 3 then 4
C. My Father's tears--Genesis 6:6
Genesis 6:6--The Lord, sorry that He had made man, "grieved"
D. My Lord's tears--Matthew 23:37
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem . . . but you were not willing."
E. My Spirit's tears--Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve
the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for
the day of redemption. (RSV)
#3 My Father's Solution
A. Destroying large buildings in order to start over again.
B. Genesis 10--Destroying the world to start over.
1. Sin was too great a problem for water to solve
2. Sin can only be washed away by blood.
C. God was prepared with a backup plan
1. Ephesians 1:3-5--"... just as he chose us in Him
before the foundation of the world"
2. 1 Peter 1:18-20--"He indeed was foreordained
before the foundation of the world..."
D. God was willing to love us even if we did not
1. We could have stayed with Him from the start.
2. He was prepared if we didn't.
E. What if your spouse was unfaithful?
1. Are you prepared to take her/him back?
2. Most would just write them off.
3. BUT GOD--WOULD take her back.
a. He DID take her back. SHE was US
b. We were unfaithful, we committed adultery,
we cheated on God and HE TOOK US BACK!
F. When you get a chance read the book of HOSEA
G. My Father's World is a world of Forgiveness, 2nd
1. It is beautiful not because of the pretty animals
2. It is beautiful because He loved us when we
3. It is beautiful because He loved us even when
we didn't love Him.
Will YOU be a part of My Father's World?
Andy Warren, Minister
Troy Church of Christ (Missouri)